Saturday, January 9, 2010

Critical Training Elements #1 - The Play List

Critical Training Elements #1 - The Play List

I have entered the world of modern technology and now own an IPod Nano! It took me about 45 minutes of playing on Itunes! to realize that the technology is only part of the problem and I need to move my running play list past the 1990s gay club music that I was loading! This is pretty embarrassing but in my own defense we don't have a TV, I rarely listen to the radio and haven't seen the inside of a club since well before my son was born. So, what does a runner do when their current play list makes them feel like an old man? Easy, between Deena Kastor's playlist and recollection of the music the 20-somethings at the office listen to, I had enough information to do a little investigative work.

2 hours and one Itunes! gift certificate later I have discovered P!nk, Adam Lambert, Lady Ga-ga and others. I've kept the old standby list like KLF (who the 20-somethings had never heard of!), Madonna and some frat rock hits like Smash Mouth too. In no particular order, here is the list:

We Are The World - U.S.A. For Africa
Sober - P!nk
Just Dance - Lady Ga-Ga
You Gotta Be - Des'ree
Superman - Five for Fighting
Barracuda - Heart
We're Gonna Fight - 7 seconds
Unsung - Helmet
3 AM Eternal - The KLF
Vogue - Madonna
stupid Girl - P!nk
Pump Up the Volume - MARRS
Walkin' On The Sun - Smash Mouth
Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins
What I Got - Sublime
For Your Entertainment - Adam Lambert
Anywhere Is - Enya
Homeless - Ladysmith Black Mambazo & Sarah McLachlan
New Star - Tears for Fears
So What - P!nk
99 Red Balloons - 7 Seconds
Rooster - Alice In Chains
Like A Prayer - Madonna
Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS
Everybody Knows - Concrete Blonde


Right now P!nk and Adam Lambert are the current list favorites and may the musicians that get put on repeat on April 19th! Got other suggestions for The List - help get me out of the 1990s music scene by posting to the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment