Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hay is in the barn

The long miles have been logged, the body fueled and now it is time to rest. With 14 days until race day, I have just a few short runs left and my primary job is to get to the start line confident in my training and uninjured. I suspect my family and co-workers would add sane to that list but with so little exercise happening over the next 2 weeks, it is likely that I will be a little cranky.

I ran my last long run, a 20 miler last weekend. The run went VERY well. I finished feeling that I had another 6-10 miles left in my legs and ran the 9:40 pace that I had set as the goal for the run. The weather was perfect for running and I picked a fairly challenging course with nice long uphill and downhill sections of 2-4 miles each way. I finished the 20 miles in 3hrs 17 minutes - faster than I have done before despite the conservative training run pace.

A few weeks ago, I ran at the New Bedford half-marathon and knocked 3 minutes off of my half-marathon personal record. I am hoping that I have a chance to knock some time off on the Boston Marathon course this year.

I have also passed my initial $10,000 goal and raised my sights to the $12,000 mark. If you are reading this and have not donated, take a moment to ask yourself why - why pass up the chance to help someone find or stay housed? $5, $25, $50, $500...any amount makes a difference.

A few closing notes: 1. we'll be celebrating my 34th birthday on Tuesday - and I look forward to diving into some ice cream cake - especially after being hungry for much of Passover! 2. The last day to purchase raffle tickets and win coffee for a year from Peet's (West Coast folks - you could use this too!), JP Licks gift card, American Express gift card or items autographed by Ryan and Sara Hall is FRIDAY, APRIL 16th at 5pm. Tickets are $2/each or 6 for $10

No comments:

Post a Comment