Friday, April 16, 2010

All Systems Go - 3 Days Left

There are just 3 days until the 2010 Boston Marathon! I go this afternoon to pick up my bib number, t-shirt and timing chip. As always, my taper has been somewhat frustrating because my level of physical activity has been relatively low for the past two weeks. My body has been a bit tight but I can tell I've been much better rested. My legs are feeling strong and I feel confident in my training.

As the weekend passes, I am sure nervous energy will come. Someone at the office asked if I thought I would win. With a smile I said that it depends on how you define winning. I have had a great training cycle and if I execute my race plan well then I should set a new personal record. Even if a new PR isn't fast compared to what others run, it will be a win for me. Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership is the big winner in all of this. Thanks to the 2010 MBHP Marathon Team, more than $17,000 has been raised. This will go a long way to housing stability for countless individuals and families in the Greater Boston area.

There are several options for finding out how my race is going this Monday:

1. Simply text the word RUNNER to 31901 using your US mobile phone. You will then receive an sms text response with instructions on how to submit a runner’s bib number. (Message and data rates may apply. You will be opted in to receive four messages during the race. Send STOP to quit. Available on participating carriers AT&T, Alltel, Boost, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, and Virgin.)

2. Respond to the athlete alert text message you receive by entering my bib number - 25353

I want to thank everyone for your support and donations over the past months. The marathon is never easy to train for and without you support I would never have made it to the starting line!

No comments:

Post a Comment