Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Critical Elements #2: Shoes

I am officially back on the streets after taking a week off to battle a cold that felt more like the plague. While I was becoming reacquainted with my pillow, the box containing my new Asics Speedstar 3 shoes arrived! I have run each of my previous races in Asics GT-2100 series shoes and been thrilled. I had always wanted a slightly lighter shoe for training and racing but never been quite fast enough to try it - until now!

I took the bright yellow and black shoes out for a run by the Charles on the way home tonight and it was 5 miles of pure, light weight joy! My smart brain is telling me that I have to alternate these new, beautiful, happy feet shoes with my current shoes (a pair of orange GT-2120s that I can't seem to find in my size anymore) but my "I want to be fast" runner brain just wants these puppies glued to my feet for the next 75 days.

And, to top off the joy of running in my new shoes - I am almost positive I got passed by Ryan Hall today.

No comments:

Post a Comment