Sunday, December 20, 2009

Watching the Snow Fall

I am sitting in my living room watching the snow fall while drinking coffee and feeling thankful I was smart enough to move my fast 5 mile tempo run to last night. I had a great run on a fairly hilly course. The focus of my running right now is to work on my form and strength. I recently started to see some positive change from the form adjustments I've made but my body still lacks the strength in some muscle groups to maintain it as much as I would like.

While we are talking weather, I've spent the better part of last night and this morning hoping that the homeless folks that I work with have gotten themselves inside and that families struggling to pay their bills have enough oil in their tanks. With the loss of emergency assistance and organizations who would normally help a family purchase oil struggling, I am more concerned than normal about the impact our cold, snowy day is having on Housing Supports clients at MBHP. My hope is that everyone is inside and warm.

Fundraising is cranking along. Thanks to generous friends and the joys of social media, I have raised $849 so far! My hope is to raise $1000 by December 31st but I will need your help to do it. If you haven't taken a moment to donate to Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership please do. Perhaps a donation to MBHP could be an excellent stocking stuffer for someone in your life or could be the perfect Happy New Year gift! What better way to celebrate a holiday or start the new year than to help a person or family get out of the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment